Sunday, April 28, 2013

Two Before Ten Cafe & Coffee Roasters

It is a Friday and Jeff normally starts work a bit later on Friday,
so we manage to squeeze in some time for breakfast. 

Jeff suggested this cafe,
because it is always packed whenever he walked past this place. 

I had the poached eggs, smoke salmon, pesto, herb salad on sourdough.
I felt like something with salmon,
so I asked whether they can replace the tomatoes with salmon, 
it was unexpected but the kind waitress said yes. 
The one listed on the menu was:
poached eggs, cherry tomatoes, pesto, herb salad on sourdough. 
The eggs and smoke salmon were alright,
nothing very special.
But I really liked the pesto,
I think it is house made and it was really yumm.
The portion size wasn't huge, 
but is definitely good enough for breakfast. 







I think this place is famous for their coffee, 
there were A LOT of people who ordered takeaway coffees. 
I had a flat white with skim milk,
the coffee was rich and fragrant, 
I enjoyed my cup of coffee. 







Jeff decided to try something different, 
he had the Gravlax, dill, capers, onions, egg and honey mustard sauce on some kind of bread.
Jeff is not a big fan of raw food, 
and almost everything in this is raw. 
Initially he didn't really like his food, 
but after mixing everything up evenly,
the flavours complemented each other really well. 
I had a few bites and I really like the taste of the dish. 
I might order this if I come back to this cafe for breakfast.







Jeff is a coffee addict,
he needed his daily dosage of coffee,
so he had a skim latte,
and he thought it was alright. 
Think his favourite is still Harvest Coffee. 



How I would rate this place:
Ambiance: 6.5/10
Food: 7.5/10
Price: 7/10
Presentation of Food: 7/10
Services: 7/10

Two Before Ten Cafe & Coffee Roasters
http://www.twobeforeten.com.au/
40 Marcus Clark St, Canberra ACT 2601
(02) 6162 1260
Opening Hours
Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm
Saturday & Sunday 8am - 2pm

No comments:

Post a Comment