Saturday, April 20, 2013

Kingston Grind

Met up with one of Jeff's friends for lunch.
He is from Canberra and he suggested this cafe,
he specifically mentioned that this cafe serves very good coffee.
There are so many good coffee places in Canberra!

We got here around 12.15pm, 
it was packed, 
we were lucky we didn't have to wait too long for a table, 
a few customers left a few minutes after we arrived.

I wanted something simple and 'healthy',
so I had the Eggs Benedict with Smoke Salmon,
it came with poached eggs and English muffins,
I thought it would come with some spinach,
but maybe if I ordered the ham option then it would have come with spinach,
because the prices for both the salmon and ham were the same, 
so I assume it is either salmon or ham and spinach. 
It was $14.50.
There was nothing fancy about this eggs benedict, 
it wasn't shit but it wasn't amazing, 
but I was happy with my meal. 






Jeff got something from the Specials Menu,
Chicken Breast (wrapped with bacon), 
stuffed with cream cheese, pine nuts, semi dried tomatoes
on a bed of mashed potatoes and basil pesto. 
OMG this was AMAZINGLY GOOD!
I highly recommend you to get this if you want something filling and delicious. 
I wished I got this instead of the Eggs Benedict. 
The bacon wasn't crispy but it was cooked nicely, 
it wasn't oily and yucky. 
the chicken breast and all the stuffing were yummm,
I am a super big fan of pesto,
so I really loved the combo of mashed potatoes and pesto. 
I forgot how much exactly did it cost, 
but if I am not mistaken, 
it was $16.90.
For the taste and amount of food that Jeff got, 
it was definitely worth the price. 






As for coffee, 
I got the flat white with skim milk. 
The coffee was very rich, 
there was a strong presence of coffee aromas. 
I enjoyed my coffee.
Almost got another cup but I decided that I didn't need that much caffeine in my body today.




I liked this cafe - nice and simple, 
most of the staffs were friendly and nice. 
Will definitely be back for the food and coffee. 

How I would rate this place:
Ambiance 8/10
Food 8.5/10
Price 8/10
Service 8/10

Kingston Grind
Cusack Arc, Kingston ACT 2604
(02) 6295 8189
Opening Hours 8.30am - 4pm daily

No comments:

Post a Comment