Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ricardo's Cafe

One of my high school friends who lives in Canberra told me about this place, 
he said the food here is relatively cheap and comes with a huge portion. 
Was choosing between Cafe Injoy and Ricardo's Cafe,
but when I saw the menu and photos of Ricardo's Cafe food from their website, 
I just can't resist the temptation to visit this place.

The food on the lunch menu looks interesting,
so we went there for lunch. 
We got there around 12 noon and it was quite packed,
but we managed to squeeze in and got ourselves a table. 

I was choosing between the Smoke Salmon Fritters and Wagyu Truffle Sliders,
it was a tough decision because both sounded delicious to me. 

I love smoke salmon,
and I wanted something 'lighter',
so I had the Smoke Salmon Fritters.
It is basically corn and zucchini fritters,
stacked with smoke salmon,
avocado, cherry tomatoes and sour cream. 
I like the corn and zucchini fritters,
it wasn't oily at all,
I expected it to be a little oily,
but of course it was great that it wasn't oily.
It wasn't tasteless nor too salty,
the taste was just right for me.
A generous amount of avocado was given,
it was between the smoke salmon and fritters,
I really liked the combination of the smoke salmon, avocado and fritters.
I enjoyed the dish.
Jeff thought it was a little bit too plain and 'healthy' for him,
maybe because the flavour of his food was too overwhelming,
so  he couldn't really taste anything. 
The Smoke Salmon Fritters was $17.90,
I am not sure whether this is considered cheap,
but it was definitely worth the money.








Jeff is a super big fan of burger,
so he had the Gourmet Hamburger -  
Wagyu beef, beetroot relish, bacon, gruyere cheese & aoli. 
The burger was SUPER DUPER YUMMM!!
Jeff was very happy with it.
The bun was buttery, soft and delicious. 
The burger patty was succulent and juicy.
The beetroot relish, bacon, cheese and aoli made the burger perfect.
I had two bites of the burger,
I wished I could eat more so I could get myself a burger too.
It was $14.90 for this,
don't think this is considered cheap,
but it is definitely worth the money.







I had a flat white with skim milk,
the coffee wasn't amazing, 
I thought it was a little bit too bitter,
but it wasn't too bad.








Jeff loves Portuguese Egg Tart,
he just couldn't look pass it so we shared one.
It was $3,
normal price I suppose?
But it was definitely one of the best Portuguese egg tarts I have ever eaten, 
I wished I bought some to eat at home.
Now I am regretting is sooooooo badly!








The desserts look very interesting,
I had so many options to choose from,
I felt like mango and cheese cake, 
so I had the Mango Cheese Cake
it looks interesting, 
the colour was bright and beautiful. 
BUT it was a massive disappointment. 
It was pretty much tasteless, 
the biscuits were tasteless and weren't crispy at all. 
It wasn't a cheesecake to me.
I couldn't taste the cheese or the cream or anything.
And this costed me $8.90,
it was definitely NOT worth the money.
I am a dessert person, 
desserts always make me happy and satisfied
however this mango cheesecake ruined my day. 
I have been looking forward to try their desserts since I saw the photos online. 









Jeff loves pistachio macaron, 
so we got one. 
It wasn't soft,
it wasn't crispy,
it wasn't sweet,
it just didn't feel right.
To be honest,
I didn't like it at all. 
The macarons were $2.90 each.


















From the photos, 
the desserts looked AMAZING.

I was happy with my main, 
Jeff was happy with his too,
but the desserts were disappointing. 
I was thinking of coming here to try their High Tea,
but after having their desserts today,
I am definitely not coming here for the High Tea. 

How I would rate this place:
Ambiance 6/10
Food 6/10
Presentation of Food 5/10
Price 7/10
Service 5/10

Ricardo's Cafe
http://ricardoscafe.com/
Jamison Plaza/Bowman St, Macquarie ACT 2614
(02) 6253 2497
Opening Hours
Monday - Friday 7.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday & Sunday 7.30am - 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment