Sunday, April 14, 2013

Edgar's Inn

Since we have been cooking and eating at home on most days, 
we decided to go out for a weekend morning boost. 

Found this cafe - Edgar's Inn through the internet,
it is one of the cafes that have its own website and Facebook page. 
There are so many beautiful and interesting looking cafes in Canberra,
but most places are closed on Sunday,
and most of them do not have a website or Facebook page,
I would prefer to look at the menu of the restaurant before I visit the place,
that was why we ended up at Edger's Inn. 
Edger's Inn website was inviting and attractive. 

We got there around 10.30am,
the place was not very crowded, 
most customers were sitting outside,
probably because of the amazing weather. 
We did not manage to get a table outside we we sat inside. 
Everyone had to order and pay at the counter. 

What I did not like about the restaurant was,
the tables were not cleaned up properly, 
there were tiny bits of leftover food scraps on the table,
which attracted some flies.
We had to ask the waiter to clean up the table.

The ambiance of the restaurant was pretty good,
it would have been much better without the flies. 
We could talk and hear each other,
it was not too noisy. 

The food did not take too long to reach us. 

I had the Spiced Chorizo Rosti
with olives, roasted peppers and fresh herbs.
I am not a big fan of olives,
 tried asking whether the olives can be replaced with some mushrooms,
but the waitress said that it would be too complicated so they could not change it for me. 
It would be great if they can change it for me but oh well. 

The Spiced Chorizo Rosti was pretty good,
the flavours complemented each other very well. 
If you are wondering what a rosti is, 
a rosti is Swiss dish consisting mainly of potatoes.
Rosti is made with coarsely grated potato, either cooked or raw,
mine was fried. 
It was fried very nicely, 
neither too oily nor soggy,. 
I love the chorizo and the rocket bit of the dish,
yummy yummy!
To me, this was a bit too heavy for breakfast,
I would gladly have this for lunch, 
but definitely not for breakfast.
Don't get me wrong,
the dish was great but it was just too heavy for me for breakfast.    





I like it when my coffee comes with a nice piece of art,
but the skim latte I had did not have any.
The coffee was not bad,
but it was not great. 
I am sure there are many other much better coffees out there. 





Jeff had the Eggs Benedict
with crispy bacon, spinach and hollandaise sauce. 
He loved the dish. 
The bacon was fried perfectly, 
and a generous amount of bacon was served.
The flavours complemented each other very well. 
English muffin instead of sourdough was used,
but everything on the plate was good. 
The eggs were gooey and yummm.


How I would rate this place:
Ambiance 6.5/10
Food 7.5/10
Price 7.5/10
Service 6/10

If you want more information, look them up.
http://www.edgarsinn.com.au/
Edgar's Inn
1 Edgar St, Ainslie ACT 2602
(02) 6257 5488
Opening Hours 
Sunday 8.30am - 10pm
Monday - Thursday 10am - 10pm
Friday & Saturday 8.30 - 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment