Saturday, May 4, 2013

Mad Spuds Cafe

Met up for brunch with some friends who came down from Melbourne. 
We went to Surry Hills because that is the best place for brunch on weekends, 
there are so many beautiful and good cafes here. 

We thought the menu of Mad Spuds Cafe was interesting, 
especially all the different food with potatoes,
so we decided to give this place a go. 

The weather was cold and gloomy this morning, 
but it became sunny and beautiful later in the morning,
which was great! 

It was a very tough choice between the
Oat Potato Penny Pancake 
and 
Grilled Potato and Rosemary Bread,
both of them sound so yummm.
I asked the waitress for suggestion, 
and she suggested the second option. 
So I had the Grilled Potato and Rosemary Bread
with Smashed Eggs, Tassie Salmon, Apricot and Lemon. 
It was definitely a good choice!
I loved the dish, 
the bread was yummy,
the combo of flavours were amazing,
the only thing I didn't like was the salmon,
either it is not fresh or it just tasted weird to me. 
But overall I enjoyed the food.
Will definitely come back for more food!








One of my friends had the Vegan Brekkie Stack,
it has potato and lentil crunch, avocado, tofu, boston beans,
vegan crispy corn bread, quinoa puffs. 
I tried some of her food,
I love the lentil crunch and beans,
it was delicious.
Definitely something worth trying.
She was really happy with her food.








Another friend of mine had one of the food on the Baked Potato Menu, 
if I am not mistaken, 
this is the Spud Power.
It was served with chick pea crunch,beetroot relish, 
avocado, organic sprouts and olive oil. 
It wasn't a WOW dish, 
this was supposed to be one of the dishes this place is famous for,
but it was alright. 
Don't get me wrong, 
it wasn't bad,
but it just wasn't as good as what I have expected.
The little balls thingy were really dry and the potato tasted very ordinary.








Another friend of mine had the Boxty,
traditional Irish potato pancake. 
It was boxty, mustard, sage, crispy bacon, spiced white sausages, 
avocado, fried egg, apple puree. 
I didn't try his dish because he finished everything SOOOO quickly.
Either he was really hungry,
or the food was toooooo good.
but he really liked his food,
so I think it is a good dish.








I had a skim latte,
my coffee addiction has officially started,
I always need a cup of coffee to keep me going for the day.
The coffee was fragrant, 
the only complain is the coffee wasn't hot enough.


I thought this place was good,
I am happy with the food,
will definitely come back for more. 
Am surprised there is always a long queue for Four Ate Five,
but not this place. 
Will definitely recommend friends and anyone to come here. 

How I would rate this place:
Ambiance: 7/10
Food: 7.5/10
Presentation of Food: 7/10
Price: 7/10
Service: 7/10

Mad Spuds Cafe
http://www.madspudscafe.com.au/
479 Crown St, Surry Hills, NSW 2010
(02) 9698 8108
Opening Hours
Tuesday - Sunday 8am - 5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment