Monday, December 23, 2013

Kusina

Instead of the normal Aussie brunch/lunch, I felt like something different last weekend. Hence, I used Mr Google to look for something different but yummy. After reading lots of posts by different food bloggers, different reviews by diners on urban spoon, I finally decided on Kusina.

Kusina is a family run, authentic Filipino restaurant located in Weston Creek. I am very attracted to “Boodle Feast” which is held on the last Sunday (dinner only) of every month. The chef cooks whatever he feels like and the food is served on a banana leaf. How cool is that? I couldn’t make it this month, but I will definitely go there one day.

We did not know what to order so we asked for some recommendations. 


Alimasag – fried soft shell crab, garlic chili mayo and palm vinegar. I am allergy to soft shell crab but since she recommended it, we got the dish. OMG it was delicious, the soft shell crab was fried until it was super crispy, and all the other elements of the plate were flavoursome – spicy and salty. No regrets getting this even though I was suffering from allergy later in the day, the pain was worth it!





Sizzling Sisig – thrice cooked pork, chili, lime, mayonnaise, egg. This is my favourite dish! The pork was boiled, grilled, deep fried and then put on to the sizzling plate. It was bursting with flavours, soooooo good. Asian loves heavy flavour food and this is definitely one of them. I highly recommend this dish if you do visit Kusina.





 Inihaw na Isda – baby snapper, spicy mango salsa. Not sure how I felt about this dish. The fish was not very fresh, the meat tasted a bit funny and the mango didn’t taste fresh. It was decent but not as good as the previous two dishes. Jeff normally loves mangoes but he barely ate the mangoes in this.




We had all of these with the garlic rice. I forgot to snap a photo because both of us were so hungry. The garlic rice was nice and fragrant. I am a garlic lover, hence I love the garlic rice.


We had no rooms for desserts after eating so much. But the purple yam cake and red velvet brownies looked too good. It was a tough decision choosing between the cake and brownies, but the lady recommended the red velvet brownies so we took away the brownies. The lady was so motherly and kind that she gave us another slice of red velvet brownies as Christmas present. Thank you so much, the red velvet brownies were yummmmm! 



How I would rate this place:
Ambiance: 7/10
Food: 7.5/10
Presentation of food: 7/10
Price: 8/10
Service: 8/10

Kusina
https://www.facebook.com/KusinaRestaurant

Cooleman Court, Weston Creek, ACT 2611
(02) 6288 8461
Opening Hours:
Monday: Closed
Friday – Sunday: Breakfast – Dinner
(Couldn’t find a reliable source to tell me the accurate opening hours)


No comments:

Post a Comment