Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Eightysix

Want to eat yummy food?
Looking for a place to catch up with friends? 
This is definitely the place to go.

I have heard so many things about this place. Have been wanting to visit EightSix for ages before I finally have the chance to. I tried making reservations a few times for a Friday/Saturday night and the restaurant is always fully booked. 

I am finally here!

This post is a combination of three different visits. 
YESSSS EightySix is awesome!

Pork belly with maple terrine and spicy cabbage
That was my first time eating a cold dish with pork belly, not used to it at first but it got better and better.


Manchego brulee with Autolyse crostini
Not sure how would I describe this but the manchego was yummm, something worth trying!


Ricotta gnocchi and lamb ragu
The gnocchi was fluffy and bursting with flavours, the lamb ragu was beatifully cooked, loved everything of this dish!


Pappardelle with duck ragu
The papperdelle was so thin and smooth. The duck was very well-cooked too. 


Mushroom and sherry risotto
I wish I knew how to cook yummy risotto. This dish is so simple but is bursting with flavours.  


Salmon with Pickles
Loved the big fat juicy salmon! It scared me a little because of the colour but it was good. 


Charcoal chicken with buttermilk slaw
Didn't like the slaw but the chicken was so damn delicious. The meat was soft and tender but the best part was the skin - crunchy and burnt. Saved the skin for the very last because I wanted to keep the taste in my mouth as long as possible.


 Whole Lamb Shoulder
The skin fall of the bones sooooo easily and the lamb is flavoursome! This dish can easily feed 6 people.


Lemon shortbread
It was pretty but it was way too sour for my liking, not my kind of dessert. 


Banoffee pie with pretzel
This is definitely the bomb! I don't know how they made it but this is the best banoffee pie I have ever eaten!


Caramel popcorn sundae
I think this is their signature dessert,love the peanut brittle & caramel ice cream! The combo is just awesome!

How would I rate this place:
Ambiance: 7.5/10
Food: 9/10
Presentation of food: 8/10
Price: 8/10
Service: 9/10

Eightysix
http://eat-86.com/

Elouera St Braddon, Braddon, ACT, 2612
(02) 6161 8686
Opening Hours:
Monday 6pm - 10pm
Tuesday - Sunday
Lunch 12noon - 2.30pm
Dinner 6pm - 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment