Monday, December 2, 2013

Claire's Kitchen at Le Salon

Have been looking around for a nice restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. Most of the restaurants were already booked out when I called them because we wanted to go for dinner on a Friday and we only decided on Friday two days before hand. Fortunately we managed to get a table at Claire’s Kitchen.

Claire’s Kitchen is known for its French food and the romantic ambiance and hence a perfect place to celebrate our anniversary. The prices of the food were decent, I must say that it is definitely good value for money – delicious food with decent prices. I highly recommend this place to couples or people that are looking for a nice place to hang out at and at the same time wants really yummy food.







 Jeff had the Rabbit Terrine that was on the specials for his entrée. Jeff does not normally like pear but OMG the poached pear was delicious, it went really well with the rabbit terrine. After I took a bite, I wished I ordered that. The flavour of the dish was interesting, I haven’t eaten something like that before.


 I had half dozens of the Escargots Bourguignons – Traditional French snails in garlic parsley and Cognac butter for my entrée. I don’t eat snails a lot but I have had it before and the snails here were not as good as the ones I have had before. Don’t think I will order this again if I visit this restaurant again.



 Jeff had the Filet De Boeuf – Tasmanian grass fed beef fillet with truffled mash and shiraz and star anise jus for his main. When the waiter served the dish, we were staring at the piece of steak because it was a massive piece of meat. It was delicious, the meat was tender and juicy, Jeff and I both loved the dish. The truffled mash was good too!



I had the famous Canard En Croute – Duck and Pinot Noir pie with melted brie under the puff pastry crust. Couldn’t took my eyes off this dish when I saw it on the menu because I love duck. OMG it was heavenly yummmm!!! This is my first time having a duck pie and I am normally not a super big fan of pie but this is so so so so so so so so good! I will go back just for this dish! The puff pastry was crunchy, the duck meat was soft and flavoursome. If you do visit this restaurant, I highly recommend you to give this dish a go. 




As for desserts, Claire’s Kitchen offered a dessert trolley kinda thing. A waiter brought out a tray of desserts and you pick what you want. I didn’t think the desserts were impressive. In fact, I thought it was a little pricey. 




Jeff had the raspberry brulee. He didn’t really like it because he thought the raspberry ‘destroyed’ the taste of a brulee. When something is added to the food, it is supposed to enhance the flavour to make the food taste better but I don’t think the raspberry did that. I preferred a normal brulee as compared to the raspberry brulee. 




 I haven’t had chocolate enclairs before and it is supposed to be a French dessert so I thought I would try that in a French restaurant. I won’t say it wasn’t good but maybe I just didn’t quite like it. The pastry was decent, the chocolate was alright but I don’t think I would order that again.


How would I rate this place:
Ambiance: 8/10
Food: 8.5/10
Presentation of food: 8/10
Price: 8/10
Service: 8/10

Claire’s Kitchen at Le Salon
http://www.claireskitchen.com.au/

35 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
(02) 92831891
Opening Hours:
Tuesday - Saturday
Lunch by appointment
Dinner 6pm – 12am

No comments:

Post a Comment