Sunday, May 5, 2013

Zilver Restaurant

I love yumcha, 
and have been craving it for a while now. 
Finally finally finally I found some friends to go yumcha with. 
I think it is always good to go yumcha with a bigger group of friends,
so that you will get to eat different variety of food.
There are so many different kind of dishes to choose from. 

I went with two girl friends,
and they are not really big eaters,
so I was doing most of the eating.
I ate like a monster,
need to force myself to gym after that,
and I haven't even burn off half of the calories from yumcha food. 
But it was worth it, 
I really enjoyed myself today.
Everything in the restaurant was good. 

I love Siew Mai
this is the main reason why I love yumcha so much,
I thought the siew mai here is really good,
they make the siew mai it in the restaurant,
 all of them were fresh and hot.
Most importantly, 
there were prawns in it.
I love prawn and pork siew mai,
it was YUMMMM!!
If you are wondering what a siew mai is,
it is basically a type of traditional Chinese/Hong Kong pork dumplings.








The Hong Kong Style Egg Tarts were AMAZING!
Guess how many egg tarts did I have?
FOUR!
I had four egg tarts.
I didn't even realize I ate that many egg tarts.
I really like the pastry,
it is not the usual heavy butter taste kind of pastry.
This is my second favourite dish in yumcha.








This is my third favourite dish in yumcha,
Char Siew Sou.
If you are wondering what this is,
it is a type of fried flaky Chinese Pastry with pork fillings.
I love the pastry,
and I love the pork fillings. 
We waited quite a while for this,
because it took the kitchen a while to make them. 
It was served fresh and hot,
when I had my first bite,
the pastry was soft and flaky,
the pork fillings were a little bit too sweet for me,
but overall it was delicious!








Golden Lava,
also known as liu sha bao is my next favourite dish. 
This is a new dim sum item invented in Hong Kong fairly recently.
I love the creamy and runny egg custard filling,
which is made from milk and salted egg yolks.
You will see the salted egg yolks flowing out of the hot steamy bao when it is opened.
This is heavenly good!
I love looking at the yolks coming out from the bao.









If you go yumcha, 
Char Siew Bao is definitely a MUST!
It is basically a bao (bun) with pork fillings
Trust me, 
you will never regret eating this.
It is not easy to find freshly made char siew bao in Aussie, 
many restaurants use frozen char siew bao,
I am glad they make fresh ones here.
It was satisfying!








I wasn't sure what is the name of this dish.
It is basically yam pastry with mince pork fillings.
It looked interesting so we didn't mind having it,
the waitress mentioned it was one of the newer dishes.
It was not bad,
the yam pastry was nice,
but I thought they could improve more on the taste,
like make it more salty or sweet or something.
It was nice to bite,
it was flaky and soft,
but there weren't much taste,
I ate it with a sweet peanut kind of sauce,
it tasted so much better with the sauce. 








Chee Cheong Fun is another popular item in yumcha. 
It is a rice noodle roll filled with pork,
sweet soy sauce is poured over the dish upon serving. 
I am not a very big fan of chee cheong fun,
but I don't mind eating them.
I had a bite,
and I didn't quite like the taste of the dish.








We also had the Duck Egg and Pork Porridge
It was plain and simple.
I don't know why but,
this is something that most people would order when they have yumcha.








I really like the Har Gow at this place,
Har Gow are shrimp dumplings that are transparent and smooth. 
There were a generous amount of shrimps in the Har Gow, 
which made the dish really yummm amd gratifying.
I will definitely order this again if I come back to this restaurant.








Everyone have been telling me that,
we have to eat 5 serving of vegetables in a day.
So I thought we should order a vege dish - Chinese Brocolli.
It was just boiled vege served with soy sauce.








Lotus paste bao (buns).
We were too full for this so my friend tookaway the lotus paste bao,
it is a pretty popular bao among Asians. 








We had Mango Pudding for dessert,
it consists of agar or gelatin,
fresh mangoes, evaporated milk and sugar,
usually served cold.
It had a rich and creamy texture,
one of my friends really liked it.
Mango Pudding is a MUST for her to conclude her yumcha session.


I had a good yumcha session,
good food and good company always make me happy.
I will definitely come back here for yumcha,
everything was well-prepared, 
well-seasoned and heavenly delicious!

How I would rate this place:
Ambiance: 6.5/10
Food: 8/10
Presentation of Food: 7.5/10
Price: 7.5/10
Service: 6/10 

Zilver Restaurant 
http://www.zilver.com.au/
Level 1/477 Pitt St, Haymarket NSW 2000
(02) 9211 2232
Opening Hours 
Monday - Friday 10am - 3.30pm, 5.30pm - 11pm
Saturday & Sunday 9am - 3.30pm, 5.30pm - 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment