Thursday, May 16, 2013

Taze Mediterrean Cuisine

Jeff visited this restaurant before and he really likes the food here,
so he decided to take me here since I love eating so much!

I am not familiar with Mediterranean cuisine,
so I have no idea what to order. 
We got the Light Indulgence Menu Banquets, 
it was $38 per person.
Initially I thought it was a bit pricey,
but after looking at the amount and portion of the food we got,
I think the price was very reasonable. 

The Light Indulgence Menu Banquets came with:
Taze home made dips with Turkish Bread,

Three different entrées:
Vine leaves
Zuchini fritters
Cigara borek

Main:
Chicken and lamb skewers,
served with Turkish rice and salad
Konya pide,
we had the Mevlana (lamb)




Taze home made dips with Turkish Bread
The Turkish Bread was soft and fluffy, 
I love this kind of bread,
I can eat it everyday.









Hummus Dip
It is chickpeas, tahini and lemon. 
Hummus can never go wrong,
it goes extremely well with the Turkish Bread.









Three different entrées:
Vine Leaves (the one on the right)
Traditional Turkish style with toasted pine nuts, rice, herbs
and wrapped in fresh vine leaves.
It was fragrant but not exactly my kind of thing,
there is something about the flavour that I didn't like.
Don't get me wrong,
it wasn't shit,
it was pretty good,
just not to my liking.

Zuchini Fritters (the one in the middle)
Shallow fried with roasted garlic and yoghurt sauce.
Jeff doesn't like Zuchini, 
we wanted to change this to a mushroom dish but it would cost us money,
so we stick to the Zuchini. 
I am so glad we didn't change the entrée to something else,
the Zuchini Fritters were yummm!!
It was my favourite entrée out of all. 
The fritters weren't oily, 
the garlic made it so delicious,
the yoghurt made it heavenly good. 

Cigara Borek (the one on the left)
Feta and parsley filled filo pastry topped with Taze yoghurt sauce.
I love the combination of the feta, yoghurt and pastry,
everything went so well together,
it was soooo flavoursome. 
I hope they gave us more of this,
I don't mind having more of the Cigara Borek!










Konya Pide
we had the Mevlana (lamb)
Diced lamb marinated with herbs and spices and cheese.
When I looked at it,
I didn't think it would be very good because it looked like a normal pizza to me,
plus I am not a very big fan of lamb.
But when I took my first bite,
I just couldn't stop eating. 
All the flavours complemented each other so well,
the lamb was nicely marinated,
the cheese made the pide perfect,
it was sooooooo good. 










Chicken and lamb skewers,
served with Turkish rice and salad.

Both the skewers were marinated very well. 
I am not exactly sure what sauce did they use.
The black colour sauce is most probably balsamic vinegar,
the orange sauce is most probably yoghurt with something.

The sauce definitely enhanced the flavour of the skewers. 

I personally prefer the chicken skewers,
I like the taste and texture.
The lamb was a bit too salty for me,
but Jeff really liked it. 
The Turkish rice was really tasty too, 
I was already very very full but I just couldn't stop eating the rice.
I thought they could give us a bit more salad,
and maybe with a little bit less sauce,
the salad was a bit too salty.






I had an extremely satisfying dinner at Taze,
will definitely recommend people to come here.
Please get the Indulgence Banquet Menu if you are feeling very very hungry,
the portion is generous and the food is yummm,
it is definitely worth the money. 

The only complain I have about this place is the timing of the food being served, 
we hadn't finished eating our entrées,
but the pide was served already,
but we waited quite a while for the skewers after finishing the pide.
If they could improve on that, 
their service would be excellent.
All the staff were smiley and friendly!

How I would rate this place:
Ambiance: 7.5/10
Food: 8/10
Presentation of Food: 7/10
Price: 7.5/10
Service: 7/10

Taze Mediterrean Cuisine
http://www.taze.com.au/
4/21 Genga St, Canberra ACT 2601
(02) 6262 6601
Opening Hours
Monday - Friday 8am - 9pm
Saturday 12 - 10pm
Close on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment