Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cape Cod Seafood Restaurant

Never judge one’s book by its cover! This definitely applies to Cape Cod Seafood in Deakin. It was a Saturday night and we were lazy to cook dinner, hence we decided to just go out to get something to eat. One of Jeff’s housemates suggested this seafood place in Deakin which was fairly close to Jeff’s place. I called the restaurant around 6.30pm to check whether they were fully booked, fortunately they managed to squeeze us in for dinner at 7pm.


Jeff and I shared an entrée. We had the seared scallops, chorizo, butternut pumpkin puree. The scallops were fresh and to me, the best bit was the puree. It was light and flavoursome! $19 for this was a little too pricey to me. Don’t get me wrong, the food was good but I just thought $19 for three pieces of scallops was not very ideal.




The bread was decent. They mixed the olive oil and vinegar together which made it so difficult for me to reach the vinegar. In my opinion, serving them separately would be better. The fried sweet potatoes that came with the bread were crunchy and delicious!




Whenever there is a risotto dish on the menu, Jeff can never look pass it. He had the seafood risotto, prawns, scallops, mushrooms, crispy prosciutto chips as his main. I don’t think the risotto came with prosciutto chips, I think it was sweet potato chips but the chips was good. The risotto was definitely a winner, there were a generous amount of seafood and the risotto was cooked well, not too creamer but smooth and flavoursome.




I had the crispy skin barramundi that was served with sweet potatoes hash, saute baby spinach, caper and dill sauce as my main. The crispy skin was definitely the bomb! The fish was cooked well, the mash and other elements on the plate have definitely complemented the fish very well. Initially I thought it would be a tiny piece of barramundi but it was a massive piece, am very happy with the dish.  




We also had a pear, rocket and parmesan salad on the side because we thought some greens and fruits would be good. I am so glad we ordered that because it was really good. Rocket is normally very bitter on its own but the sweetness of the pear balanced the bitterness of the rocket very well while the parmesan added this extra flavour to the salad. It was a great side dish.




As for dessert, because both of us are super big fans of crème brulee, we decided to get the crème brulee that was served with biscotti and berry compote. The chocolate coated biscotti was really yum, the taste of a biscotti was still there with the extra milky chocolate flavour. I thought the berry compote was so so, I didn’t think it complemented the crème brulee well. On top of that, there were some berries in the crème brulee which I thought tasted a little weird. Maybe this is just not my kind of dessert.








I must confess that initially when we reached the restaurant, I did not expect the food to be that good. Who said you can’t find fresh seafood in Canberra, this is definitely the place to go to if you are craving for some fresh and tasty seafood dishes!



How I would rate this place:
Ambiance: 7/10
Food: 8/10
Presentation of food: 7/10
Price: 7/10
Service: 9/10

Cape Cod Seafood Restaurant
http://www.capecodseafood.com.au/index.html

Shop 5 Deakin Shops, Duff Place, Deakin ACT 2600
(02) 6282 8697
Opening Hours:
Tuesday – Friday: Lunch
Monday – Saturday: Dinner
(Couldn’t find a reliable source to tell me the accurate opening hours)


No comments:

Post a Comment